- Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding give forth her voice?
- On the top of high places by the way, at the cross-paths she taketh her stand.
- Beside the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors, she crieth aloud.
- Unto you, men, I call, and my voice is to the sons of man:
- O ye simple, understand prudence; and ye foolish, understand sense.
- Hear, for I will speak excellent things, and the opening of my lips shall be right things.
- For my palate shall meditate truth, and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
- All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing tortuous or perverse in them.
- They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.
- Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold:
- for wisdom is better than rubies, and all the things that may be desired are not equal to it.
- I wisdom dwell [with] prudence, and find the knowledge [which cometh] of reflection.
- The fear of Jehovah is to hate evil; pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth do I hate.
- Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am intelligence; I have strength.
- By me kings reign, and rulers make just decrees;
- by me princes rule, and nobles, all the judges of the earth.
- I love those that love me; and they that seek me early shall find me.
- Riches and honour are with me; durable wealth and righteousness.
- My fruit is better than fine gold, yea, than pure gold; and my revenue than choice silver.
- I walk in the path of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:
- that I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasuries.
- Jehovah possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
- I was set up from eternity, from the beginning, before the earth was.
- When there were no depths, I was brought forth, when there were no fountains abounding with water.
- Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth;
- while as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the beginning of the dust of the world.
- When he prepared the heavens I was there; when he ordained the circle upon the face of the deep;
- when he established the skies above, when the fountains of the deep became strong;
- when he imposed on the sea his decree that the waters should not pass his commandment, when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
- then I was by him [his] nursling, and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
- rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth, and my delights [were] with the sons of men.
- And now, sons, hearken unto me, and blessed are they that keep my ways:
- hear instruction and be wise, and refuse it not.
- Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
- For whoso findeth me findeth life, and obtaineth favour of Jehovah;
- but he that sinneth against me doeth violence to his own soul: all they that hate me love death.
Proverbs Chapter 8 (Darby Translation)