- The Proverbs of Solomon. A wise son maketh a glad father; but a foolish son is the grief of his mother.
- Treasures of wickedness profit nothing; but righteousness delivereth from death.
- Jehovah suffereth not the soul of the righteous [man] to famish; but he repelleth the craving of the wicked.
- He cometh to want that dealeth with a slack hand; but the hand of the diligent maketh rich.
- He that gathereth in summer is a wise son; he that sleepeth in harvest is a son that causeth shame.
- Blessings are upon the head of a righteous [man]; but the mouth of the wicked covereth violence.
- The memory of the righteous [man] shall be blessed; but the name of the wicked shall rot.
- The wise in heart receiveth commandments; but a prating fool shall fall.
- He that walketh in integrity walketh securely; but he that perverteth his ways shall be known.
- He that winketh with the eye causeth grief, and a prating fool shall fall.
- The mouth of a righteous [man] is a fountain of life; but the mouth of the wicked covereth violence.
- Hatred stirreth up strifes; but love covereth all transgressions.
- In the lips of an intelligent [man] wisdom is found; but a rod is for the back of him that is void of understanding.
- The wise lay up knowledge; but the mouth of the fool is near destruction.
- The rich man's wealth is his strong city; the destruction of the poor is their poverty.
- The labour of a righteous [man] [tendeth] to life; the revenue of a wicked [man], to sin.
- Keeping instruction is the path to life; but he that forsaketh reproof goeth astray.
- He that covereth hatred hath lying lips, and he that sendeth forth a slander is a fool.
- In the multitude of words there wanteth not transgression; but he that restraineth his lips doeth wisely.
- The tongue of the righteous [man] is [as] choice silver; the heart of the wicked is little worth.
- The lips of a righteous [man] feed many; but fools die for want of understanding.
- The blessing of Jehovah, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow to it.
- It is as sport to a foolish [man] to do wickedness; but a man of understanding hath wisdom.
- The fear of a wicked [man], it shall come upon him; but the desire of the righteous shall be granted.
- As a whirlwind passeth, so is the wicked no [more]; but the righteous is an everlasting foundation.
- As vinegar to the teeth, and as smoke to the eyes, so is the sluggard to them that send him.
- The fear of Jehovah prolongeth days; but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.
- The hope of the righteous is joy; but the expectation of the wicked shall perish.
- The way of Jehovah is strength to the perfect [man], but destruction to the workers of iniquity.
- The righteous [man] shall never be moved; but the wicked shall not inhabit the land.
- The mouth of a righteous [man] putteth forth wisdom; but the froward tongue shall be cut out.
- The lips of a righteous [man] know what is acceptable; but the mouth of the wicked is frowardness.
Proverbs Chapter 10 (Darby Translation)