- He that separateth himself seeketh [his] pleasure, he is vehement against all sound wisdom.
- A fool hath no delight in understanding, but only that his heart may reveal itself.
- When the wicked cometh, there cometh also contempt, and with ignominy reproach.
- The words of a man's mouth are deep waters, [and] the fountain of wisdom is a gushing brook.
- It is not good to accept the person of the wicked, to wrong the righteous in judgment.
- A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for stripes.
- A fool's mouth is destruction to him, and his lips are a snare to his soul.
- The words of a talebearer are as dainty morsels, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.
- He also who is indolent in his work is brother of the destroyer.
- The name of Jehovah is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
- The rich man's wealth is his strong city, and as a high wall in his own imagination.
- Before destruction the heart of man is haughty; and before honour [goeth] humility.
- He that giveth answer before he heareth, it is folly and shame unto him.
- The spirit of a man sustaineth his infirmity; but a broken spirit who can bear?
- The heart of an intelligent [man] getteth knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.
- A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men.
- He that is first in his own cause [seemeth] just; but his neighbour cometh and searcheth him.
- The lot causeth contentions to cease, and parteth between the mighty.
- A brother offended is [harder to be won] than a strong city; and contentions are as the bars of a palace.
- A man's belly is satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; with the increase of his lips is he satisfied.
- Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
- Whoso hath found a wife hath found a good thing, and hath obtained favour from Jehovah.
- He that is poor speaketh with supplications, but the rich answereth roughly.
- A man of [many] friends will come to ruin but there is a friend [that] sticketh closer than a brother.
Proverbs Chapter 18 (Darby Translation)