- Now late on sabbath, as it was the dusk of the next day after sabbath, came Mary of Magdala and the other Mary to look at the sepulchre.
- And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of [the] Lord, descending out of heaven, came and rolled away the stone and sat upon it.
- And his look was as lightning, and his clothing white as snow.
- And for fear of him the guards trembled and became as dead men.
- And the angel answering said to the women, Fear not ye, for I know that ye seek Jesus the crucified one.
- He is not here, for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
- And go quickly and say to his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and behold, he goes before you into Galilee, there shall ye see him. Behold, I have told you.
- And going out quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, they ran to bring his disciples word.
- And as they went to bring his disciples word, behold also, Jesus met them, saying, Hail! And they coming up took him by the feet, and did him homage.
- Then Jesus says to them, Fear not; go, bring word to my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there they shall see me.
- And as they went, behold, some of the watch went into the city, and brought word to the chief priests of all that had taken place.
- And having assembled with the elders, and having taken counsel, they gave a large sum of money to the soldiers,
- saying, Say that his disciples coming by night stole him [while] we [were] sleeping.
- And if this should come to the hearing of the governor, we will persuade him, and save you from all anxiety.
- And they took the money and did as they had been taught. And this report is current among the Jews until this day.
- But the eleven disciples went into Galilee to the mountain which Jesus had appointed them.
- And when they saw him, they did homage to him: but some doubted.
- And Jesus coming up spoke to them, saying, All power has been given me in heaven and upon earth.
- Go [therefore] and make disciples of all the nations, baptising them to the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit;
- teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have enjoined you. And behold, I am with you all the days, until the completion of the age.
Matthew Chapter 28 (Darby Translation)