- Set the trumpet to thy mouth. [He cometh] as an eagle against the house of Jehovah, because they have transgressed my covenant, and rebelled against my law.
- They shall cry unto me, My God, we know thee; [we], Israel.
- Israel hath cast off good: the enemy shall pursue him.
- They have set up kings, but not by me; they have made princes, and I knew it not; of their silver and their gold have they made them idols, that they may be cut off.
- Thy calf, O Samaria, hath cast [thee] off; mine anger is kindled against them: how long will they be incapable of purity?
- For from Israel is this also:—a workman made it, and it is no God: for the calf of Samaria shall be [broken in] pieces.
- For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind: it hath no stalk; should it sprout, it would yield no meal; if so be it yield, strangers shall swallow it up.
- Israel is swallowed up: now are they become among the nations as a vessel wherein is no pleasure.
- For they are gone up [to] Assyria [as] a wild ass alone by himself: Ephraim hath hired lovers.
- Although they hire among the nations, now will I gather them, and they shall begin to be straitened under the burden of the king of princes.
- Because Ephraim hath multiplied altars to sin, altars shall be unto him to sin.
- I have prescribed unto him the manifold things of my law: they are counted [as] a strange thing.
- They sacrifice flesh [for] the sacrifices of mine offerings, and eat it; Jehovah hath no delight in them. Now will he remember their iniquity, and visit their sins: they shall return to Egypt.
- For Israel hath forgotten his Maker, and buildeth temples; and Judah hath multiplied fenced cities: but I will send a fire upon his cities, and it shall devour the palaces thereof.
Hosea Chapter 8 (Darby Translation)