- Paul, apostle of Jesus Christ by God's will, to the saints and faithful in Christ Jesus who are at Ephesus.
- Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and [the] Lord Jesus Christ.
- Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies in Christ;
- according as he has chosen us in him before [the] world's foundation, that we should be holy and blameless before him in love;
- having marked us out beforehand for adoption through Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
- to [the] praise of [the] glory of his grace, wherein he has taken us into favour in the Beloved:
- in whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of offences, according to the riches of his grace;
- which he has caused to abound towards us in all wisdom and intelligence,
- having made known to us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he purposed in himself
- for [the] administration of the fulness of times; to head up all things in the Christ, the things in the heavens and the things upon the earth; in him,
- in whom we have also obtained an inheritance, being marked out beforehand according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his own will,
- that we should be to [the] praise of his glory who have pre-trusted in the Christ:
- in whom ye also [have trusted], having heard the word of the truth, the glad tidings of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, ye have been sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
- who is [the] earnest of our inheritance to the redemption of the acquired possession to [the] praise of his glory.
- Wherefore I also, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which [is] in you, and the love which [ye have] towards all the saints,
- do not cease giving thanks for you, making mention [of you] at my prayers,
- that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, would give you [the] spirit of wisdom and revelation in the full knowledge of him,
- being enlightened in the eyes of your heart, so that ye should know what is the hope of his calling, [and] what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
- and what the surpassing greatness of his power towards us who believe, according to the working of the might of his strength,
- [in] which he wrought in the Christ [in] raising him from among [the] dead, and he set him down at his right hand in the heavenlies,
- above every principality, and authority, and power, and dominion, and every name named, not only in this age, but also in that to come;
- and has put all things under his feet, and gave him [to be] head over all things to the assembly,
- which is his body, the fulness of him who fills all in all:
Ephesians Chapter 1 (Darby Translation)