- Thou therefore, my child, be strong in the grace which [is] in Christ Jesus.
- And the things thou hast heard of me in the presence of many witnesses, these entrust to faithful men, such as shall be competent to instruct others also.
- Take thy share in suffering as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
- No one going as a soldier entangles himself with the affairs of life, that he may please him who has enlisted him as a soldier.
- And if also any one contend [in the games], he is not crowned unless he contend lawfully.
- The husbandman must labour before partaking of the fruits.
- Think of what I say, for the Lord will give thee understanding in all things.
- Remember Jesus Christ raised from among [the] dead, of [the] seed of David, according to my glad tidings,
- in which I suffer even unto bonds as an evil-doer: but the word of God is not bound.
- For this cause I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which [is] in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
- The word [is] faithful; for if we have died together with [him], we shall also live together;
- if we endure, we shall also reign together; if we deny, he also will deny us;
- if we are unfaithful, he abides faithful, for he cannot deny himself.
- Of these things put in remembrance, testifying earnestly before the Lord not to have disputes of words, profitable for nothing, to the subversion of the hearers.
- Strive diligently to present thyself approved to God, a workman that has not to be ashamed, cutting in a straight line the word of truth.
- But profane, vain babblings shun, for they will advance to greater impiety,
- and their word will spread as a gangrene; of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
- [men] who as to the truth have gone astray, saying that the resurrection has taken place already; and overthrow the faith of some.
- Yet the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, [The] Lord knows those that are his; and, Let every one who names the name of [the] Lord withdraw from iniquity.
- But in a great house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also wooden and earthen; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
- If therefore one shall have purified himself from these, [in separating himself from them], he shall be a vessel to honour, sanctified, serviceable to the Master, prepared for every good work.
- But youthful lusts flee, and pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace, with those that call upon the Lord out of a pure heart.
- But foolish and senseless questionings avoid, knowing that they beget contentions.
- And a bondman of [the] Lord ought not to contend, but be gentle towards all; apt to teach; forbearing;
- in meekness setting right those who oppose, if God perhaps may sometime give them repentance to acknowledgment of [the] truth,
- and that they may awake up out of the snare of the devil, [who are] taken by him, for his will.
2 Timothy Chapters
2 Timothy Chapter 2 (Darby Translation)