- Paul, apostle of Jesus Christ by God's will, according to promise of life, the [life] which [is] in Christ Jesus,
- to Timotheus, [my] beloved child: grace, mercy, peace, from God [the] Father, and Christ Jesus our Lord.
- I am thankful to God, whom I serve from [my] forefathers with pure conscience, how unceasingly I have the remembrance of thee in my supplications night and day,
- earnestly desiring to see thee, remembering thy tears, that I may be filled with joy;
- calling to mind the unfeigned faith which [has been] in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and in thy mother Eunice, and I am persuaded that in thee also.
- For which cause I put thee in mind to rekindle the gift of God which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.
- For God has not given us a spirit of cowardice, but of power, and of love, and of wise discretion.
- Be not therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner; but suffer evil along with the glad tidings, according to the power of God;
- who has saved us, and has called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to [his] own purpose and grace, which [was] given to us in Christ Jesus before [the] ages of time,
- but has been made manifest now by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who has annulled death, and brought to light life and incorruptibility by the glad tidings;
- to which I have been appointed a herald and apostle and teacher of [the] nations.
- For which cause also I suffer these things; but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep for that day the deposit I have entrusted to him.
- Have an outline of sound words, which [words] thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which [are] in Christ Jesus.
- Keep, by the Holy Spirit which dwells in us, the good deposit entrusted.
- Thou knowest this, that all who [are] in Asia, of whom is Phygellus and Hermogenes, have turned away from me.
- The Lord grant mercy to the house of Onesiphorus, for he has often refreshed me, and has not been ashamed of my chain;
- but being in Rome sought me out very diligently, and found [me]—
- the Lord grant to him to find mercy from [the] Lord in that day—and how much service he rendered in Ephesus thou knowest best.
2 Timothy Chapters
2 Timothy Chapter 1 (Darby Translation)