- Paul and Silvanus and Timotheus to the assembly of Thessalonians in God [the] Father and [the] Lord Jesus Christ. Grace to you and peace.
- We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you at our prayers,
- remembering unceasingly your work of faith, and labour of love, and enduring constancy of hope, of our Lord Jesus Christ, before our God and Father;
- knowing, brethren beloved by God, your election.
- For our glad tidings were not with you in word only, but also in power, and in [the] Holy Spirit, and in much assurance; even as ye know what we were among you for your sakes:
- and ye became our imitators, and of the Lord, having accepted the word in much tribulation with joy of [the] Holy Spirit,
- so that ye became models to all that believe in Macedonia and in Achaia:
- for the word of the Lord sounded out from you, not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but in every place your faith which [is] towards God has gone abroad, so that we have no need to say anything;
- for they themselves relate concerning us what entering in we had to you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve a living and true God,
- and to await his Son from the heavens, whom he raised from among the dead, Jesus, our deliverer from the coming wrath.
1 Thessalonians Chapters
1 Thessalonians Chapter 1 (Darby Translation)