- But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that ye should be written to,
- for ye know perfectly well yourselves, that the day of [the] Lord so comes as a thief by night.
- When they may say, Peace and safety, then sudden destruction comes upon them, as travail upon her that is with child; and they shall in no wise escape.
- But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day should overtake you as a thief:
- for all ye are sons of light and sons of day; we are not of night nor of darkness.
- So then do not let us sleep as the rest do, but let us watch and be sober;
- for they that sleep sleep by night, and they that drink drink by night;
- but we being of [the] day, let us be sober, putting on [the] breastplate of faith and love, and as helmet [the] hope of salvation;
- because God has not set us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
- who has died for us, that whether we may be watching or sleep, we may live together with him.
- Wherefore encourage one another, and build up each one the other, even as also ye do.
- But we beg you, brethren, to know those who labour among you, and take the lead among you in [the] Lord, and admonish you,
- and to regard them exceedingly in love on account of their work. Be in peace among yourselves.
- But we exhort you, brethren, admonish the disorderly, comfort the faint-hearted, sustain the weak, be patient towards all.
- See that no one render to any evil for evil, but pursue always what is good towards one another and towards all;
- rejoice always;
- pray unceasingly;
- in everything give thanks, for this is [the] will of God in Christ Jesus towards you;
- quench not the Spirit;
- do not lightly esteem prophecies;
- but prove all things, hold fast the right;
- hold aloof from every form of wickedness.
- Now the God of peace himself sanctify you wholly: and your whole spirit, and soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- He [is] faithful who calls you, who will also perform [it].
- Brethren, pray for us.
- Greet all the brethren with a holy kiss.
- I adjure you by the Lord that the letter be read to all the [holy] brethren.
- The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you.
1 Thessalonians Chapters
1 Thessalonians Chapter 5 (Darby Translation)