- Paul, apostle, not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ, and God [the] Father who raised him from among [the] dead,
- and all the brethren with me, to the assemblies of Galatia.
- Grace to you, and peace, from God [the] Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ,
- who gave himself for our sins, so that he should deliver us out of the present evil world, according to the will of our God and Father;
- to whom [be] glory to the ages of ages. Amen.
- I wonder that ye thus quickly change, from him that called you in Christ's grace, to a different gospel,
- which is not another [one]; but there are some that trouble you, and desire to pervert the glad tidings of the Christ.
- But if even we or an angel out of heaven announce as glad tidings to you [anything] besides what we have announced as glad tidings to you, let him be accursed.
- As we have said before, now also again I say, If any one announce to you as glad tidings [anything] besides what ye have received, let him be accursed.
- For do I now seek to satisfy men or God? or do I seek to please men? If I were yet pleasing men, I were not Christ's bondman.
- But I let you know, brethren, [as to] the glad tidings which were announced by me, that they are not according to man.
- For neither did I receive them from man, neither was I taught [them], but by revelation of Jesus Christ.
- For ye have heard [what was] my conversation formerly in Judaism, that I excessively persecuted the assembly of God, and ravaged it;
- and advanced in Judaism beyond many [my] contemporaries in my nation, being exceedingly zealous of the doctrines of my fathers.
- But when God, who set me apart [even] from my mother's womb, and called [me] by his grace,
- was pleased to reveal his Son in me, that I may announce him as glad tidings among the nations, immediately I took not counsel with flesh and blood,
- nor went I up to Jerusalem to those [who were] apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and again returned to Damascus.
- Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to make acquaintance with Peter, and I remained with him fifteen days;
- but I saw none other of the apostles, but James the brother of the Lord.
- Now what I write to you, behold, before God, I do not lie.
- Then I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia.
- But I was unknown personally to the assemblies of Judaea which [are] in Christ;
- only they were hearing that he who persecuted us formerly now announces the glad tidings of the faith which formerly he ravaged:
- and they glorified God in me.
Galatians Chapter 1 (Darby Translation)