- Why are the nations in tumultuous agitation, and [why] do the peoples meditate a vain thing?
- The kings of the earth set themselves, and the princes plot together, against Jehovah and against his anointed:
- Let us break their bonds asunder, and cast away their cords from us!
- He that dwelleth in the heavens shall laugh, the Lord shall have them in derision.
- Then will he speak to them in his anger, and in his fierce displeasure will he terrify them:
- And I have anointed my king upon Zion, the hill of my holiness.
- I will declare the decree: Jehovah hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; I this day have begotten thee.
- Ask of me, and I will give thee nations for an inheritance, and for thy possession the ends of the earth:
- Thou shalt break them with a sceptre of iron, as a potter's vessel thou shalt dash them in pieces.
- And now, O kings, be ye wise, be admonished, ye judges of the earth.
- Serve Jehovah with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
- Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, though his anger burn but a little. Blessed are all who have their trust in him.
Psalms Chapter 2 (Darby Translation)