- And the sabbath being [now] past, Mary of Magdala, and Mary the [mother] of James, and Salome, bought aromatic spices that they might come and embalm him.
- And very early on the first [day] of the week they come to the sepulchre, the sun having risen.
- And they said to one another, Who shall roll us away the stone out of the door of the sepulchre?
- And when they looked, they see that the stone has been rolled [away], for it was very great.
- And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right, clothed in a white robe, and they were amazed and alarmed;
- but he says to them, Be not alarmed. Ye seek Jesus, the Nazarene, the crucified one. He is risen, he is not here; behold the place where they had put him.
- But go, tell his disciples and Peter, he goes before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him, as he said to you.
- And they went out, and fled from the sepulchre. And trembling and excessive amazement possessed them, and they said nothing to any one, for they were afraid.
- Now when he had risen very early, the first [day] of the week, he appeared first to Mary of Magdala, out of whom he had cast seven demons.
- She went and brought word to those that had been with him, [who were] grieving and weeping.
- And when these heard that he was alive and had been seen of her, they disbelieved [it].
- And after these things he was manifested in another form to two of them as they walked, going into the country;
- and they went and brought word to the rest; neither did they believe them.
- Afterwards as they lay at table he was manifested to the eleven, and reproached [them with] their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who had seen him risen.
- And he said to them, Go into all the world, and preach the glad tidings to all the creation.
- He that believes and is baptised shall be saved, and he that disbelieves shall be condemned.
- And these signs shall follow those that have believed: in my name they shall cast out demons; they shall speak with new tongues;
- they shall take up serpents; and if they should drink any deadly thing it shall not injure them; they shall lay hands upon the infirm, and they shall be well.
- The Lord therefore, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven, and sat at the right hand of God.
- And they, going forth, preached everywhere, the Lord working with [them], and confirming the word by the signs following upon [it].
Mark Chapter 16 (Darby Translation)