- Paul, [a] called apostle of Jesus Christ, by God's will, and Sosthenes the brother,
- to the assembly of God which is in Corinth, to [those] sanctified in Christ Jesus, called saints, with all that in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both theirs and ours:
- Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and [the] Lord Jesus Christ.
- I thank my God always about you, in respect of the grace of God given to you in Christ Jesus;
- that in everything ye have been enriched in him, in all word [of doctrine], and all knowledge,
- (according as the testimony of the Christ has been confirmed in you,)
- so that ye come short in no gift, awaiting the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ;
- who shall also confirm you to [the] end, unimpeachable in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- God [is] faithful, by whom ye have been called into [the] fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all say the same thing, and that there be not among you divisions; but that ye be perfectly united in the same mind and in the same opinion.
- For it has been shewn to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of [the house of] Chloe, that there are strifes among you.
- But I speak of this, that each of you says, I am of Paul, and I of Apollos, and I of Cephas, and I of Christ.
- Is the Christ divided? has Paul been crucified for you? or have ye been baptised unto the name of Paul?
- I thank God that I have baptised none of you, unless Crispus and Gaius,
- that no one may say that I have baptised unto my own name.
- Yes, I baptised also the house of Stephanas; for the rest I know not if I have baptised any other.
- For Christ has not sent me to baptise, but to preach glad tidings; not in wisdom of word, that the cross of the Christ may not be made vain.
- For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness, but to us that are saved it is God's power.
- For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and set aside the understanding of the understanding ones.
- Where [is the] wise? where scribe? where disputer of this world? has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
- For since, in the wisdom of God, the world by wisdom has not known God, God has been pleased by the foolishness of the preaching to save those that believe.
- Since Jews indeed ask for signs, and Greeks seek wisdom;
- but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews an offence, and to nations foolishness;
- but to those that [are] called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ God's power and God's wisdom.
- Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
- For consider your calling, brethren, that [there are] not many wise according to flesh, not many powerful, not many high-born.
- But God has chosen the foolish things of the world, that he may put to shame the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world, that he may put to shame the strong things;
- and the ignoble things of the world, and the despised, has God chosen, [and] things that are not, that he may annul the things that are;
- so that no flesh should boast before God.
- But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who has been made to us wisdom from God, and righteousness, and holiness, and redemption;
- that according as it is written, He that boasts, let him boast in [the] Lord.
1 Corinthians Chapters
1 Corinthians Chapter 1 (Darby Translation)